Zileuton CR: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking zileuton CR if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure or cirrhosis
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Zyflo CR and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Zyflo CR and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Zileuton CR for more information on this topic, including information on who should not take zileuton CR.)
Zileuton CR DosingThe dose of zileuton CR your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your zileuton CR dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Zileuton CR Dosing for more information about dosing for zileuton CR.)
Drug Interactions With Zileuton CRZileuton CR can potentially interact with several other medicines (see Drug Interactions With Zileuton CR for more information).