Zileuton CR Dosing
If you are preventing asthma attacks with zileuton CR, dosing usually starts at two 600 mg tablets twice daily. Other medical conditions you have and other medications you are taking may affect the zileuton CR dose that your healthcare provider recommends. It is recommended that the zileuton CR dosage be taken within one hour after your morning and evening meals
Zileuton CR Dosing: An IntroductionThe dose of zileuton CR (Zyflo CR™) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your zileuton CR dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended zileuton CR dose for adults and adolescents age 12 and older is two zileuton CR 600 mg tablets twice daily. They should be taken within one hour after your morning and evening meals.
General Zileuton CR Dosing InformationSome considerations for people taking zileuton CR include the following:
- Zileuton CR comes in the form of a tablet and is taken by mouth twice a day.
- Zileuton CR should be taken within one hour after your morning and evening meals
- Because zileuton CR is an extended-release tablet, do not cut, break, chew, or crush these tablets.
- Zileuton CR should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For zileuton CR to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Zileuton CR will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your zileuton CR dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.