Side Effects of Zileuton CR
Although most people tolerate zileuton CR well, there are some potential side effects of the medication, such as sinus infections, nausea, and a sore throat. While most side effects of zileuton CR are minor and can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider, there are some more serious side effects that require immediate medical attention (including signs of an allergic reaction, signs of liver damage, or asthma symptoms that are getting worse).
Side Effects of Zileuton CR: An IntroductionAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects with zileuton CR (Zyflo CR™). However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. When side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with zileuton CR. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of side effects with you.)
Side Effects of Zileuton CR to ReportThere are a number of possible side effects with zileuton CR that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider, including, but not limited to:
- Asthma symptoms that are getting worse
- Signs of liver damage, such as yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin, dark urine, or upper abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, and unexplained swelling.
Common Side Effects of Zileuton CRZileuton CR has been thoroughly studied in clinical trials in which the side effects of a group of people taking the drug are documented. In these studies, the most common zileuton CR side effects included:
- Sinus infections -- in up to 6.5 percent of people
- Nausea -- up to 5 percent
- A sore throat -- up to 5 percent.