Tobramycin Inhalation Powder Side Effects
Some of the possible side effects with tobramycin inhalation powder include headaches, a sore throat, and a worsening cough. There are also some potentially serious reactions associated with this drug, such as hearing problems, problems with balance, and an unexplained rash. These require urgent medical treatment.
Just like any medicine, tobramycin inhalation powder (Tobi® Podhaler™) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with tobramycin inhalation powder. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Some side effects of tobramycin inhalation powder may be potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Changes in how well you hear, including a decrease in hearing or hearing loss
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Dizziness or balance problems
- Worsening muscle weakness
- Breathing problems, such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Blisters on the skin or in the mouth
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.