When treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) with roflumilast, the dosage is the same for everyone. This standard amount is one 500-mcg tablet taken once a day. It is not recommended to adjust the dose of this medicine. If roflumilast does not adequately control your symptoms, your healthcare provider may recommend a different medication.
An Introduction to Your Dosage of RoflumilastThere is only one recommended dosage for roflumilast (Daliresp™), regardless of your weight or the severity of your condition. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Roflumilast Dosing for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)The roflumilast dosage for COPD treatment is one 500-mcg (microgram) tablet taken once daily. No other dosing is currently recommended. Therefore, if roflumilast is not effective enough or is causing dangerous or bothersome side effects, your healthcare provider may recommend that you stop taking the medication.
General Information on Taking RoflumilastSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with roflumilast include the following:
- Roflumilast comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Try to take your roflumilast dose at the same time each day to keep an even level in your blood.
- It does not matter if you take this medicine with or without food.
- For this medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of roflumilast, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.