General Information on Taking OmalizumabSome considerations for people taking omalizumab include:
- Omalizumab is a medication that is injected just under the skin. Generally, your healthcare provider will administer the omalizumab injections.
- Omalizumab is given every two to four weeks.
- Because some people have allergic reactions to omalizumab, your healthcare provider may want to watch you for a while after you receive your injection.
- For omalizumab to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Omalizumab will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or omalizumab dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.