Nicotrol Inhaler Warnings and Precautions
The Nicotrol Inhaler isn't suitable for everyone. For example, if you have asthma, peptic ulcer disease, or are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your healthcare provider before starting treatment to make sure this drug is right for you. By being aware of the warnings and precautions with the Nicotrol Inhaler, you can help ensure a safe treatment process.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using the Nicotrol® Inhaler (nicotine inhaler) if you have:
- Heart problems, including heart disease, chest pain (angina), or an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- Had a recent heart attack
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- A tumor of the adrenal gland
- An ulcer in the stomach or upper intestines (peptic ulcer)
- Blood vessel problems, such as Buerger's disease or Raynaud's phenomenon
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Lung disease, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or wheezing problems
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.