Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- Heart problems, including heart disease, chest pain (angina), or an irregular heartbeat (heart arrhythmia)
- Had a recent heart attack
- High blood pressure
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- A tumor of the adrenal gland
- Skin problems or skin sensitivities
- An ulcer in the stomach or upper intestines (peptic ulcer)
- Blood vessel problems, such as Buerger's disease or Raynaud's phenomenon
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Nicoderm CQ and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Nicoderm CQ and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Nicoderm CQ Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not use the drug.)
What If I Overdose on Nicoderm CQ?An overdose with this medication may cause a variety of symptoms, some of which may be dangerous. Seek immediate medical attention if you may have overdosed on this medication.
(Click Nicoderm CQ Overdose for more information.)