Precautions and Warnings With Mometasone/Formoterol
Before taking mometasone/formoterol, there are many precautions to be aware of, including warnings relating to who should not use the drug and possible complications that may occur. This prescription asthma medication could cause potentially serious side effects (such as high blood pressure or an increased heart rate) and should not be used by people who have asthma that is becoming significantly worse.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Mometasone/Formoterol?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking mometasone/formoterol (Dulera®) if you have:
- Heart problems
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Ever had a seizure
- Thyroid problems
- Problems with your immune system
- Not had chickenpox or the measles, or have not been vaccinated against them
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Eye problems, such as increased pressure in the eyes, glaucoma, or cataracts
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including other prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.