Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Heart problems
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Ever had a seizure
- Thyroid problems
- Problems with your immune system
- Not had chickenpox or the measles, or have not been vaccinated against them
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Eye problems, such as increased pressure in the eyes, glaucoma, or cataracts
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Dulera and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Dulera and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Mometasone/Formoterol to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing Information for Mometasone/FormoterolThe dose of mometasone/formoterol your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your asthma
- Other medications you are taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Mometasone/Formoterol Dosage for more information.)