Lungs Home > Nicoderm CQ Warnings and Precautions
If you have diabetes or have recently had a heart attack, let your healthcare provider know before using Nicoderm CQ. Warnings and precautions also include telling your healthcare provider if you are pregnant or breastfeeding and finding out how stopping smoking can affect the way your body handles other medications. Understanding these safety issues before using this patch can help ensure a safe treatment process.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Nicoderm® CQ® (nicotine patch) if you have:
- Heart problems, including heart disease, chest pain (angina), or an irregular heartbeat (heart arrhythmia)
- Had a recent heart attack
- High blood pressure
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- A tumor of the adrenal gland
- Skin problems or skin sensitivities
- An ulcer in the stomach or upper intestines (peptic ulcer)
- Blood vessel problems, such as Buerger's disease or Raynaud's phenomenon
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant