Lungs Home > Alternatives to Nicoderm CQ
If you are not successful at quitting smoking with Nicoderm CQ (nicotine patch), alternatives are available. Other nicotine replacement medications and certain prescription medications are common alternatives. Many forms of nonmedication treatment, such as counseling, are also available that can help people stop smoking and may also be beneficial when used in combination with a smoking-cessation medicine.
An Overview of Nicoderm CQ AlternativesNicoderm® CQ® (nicotine patch) is a nonprescription medicine used to help people stop smoking. It works by keeping a low level of nicotine in the body, which helps reduce nicotine withdrawal symptoms. The dosage is gradually reduced, allowing the body to slowly wean itself off nicotine.
- Other nicotine replacement products
- Certain prescription medications
- Nonmedication treatment.
- Nicotine gum (Nicorette Gum®, NICOrelief™)
- Nicotine lozenge (Nicorette® Lozenge)
- Nicotine inhaler (Nicotrol® Inhaler), available only with a prescription
- Nicotine nasal spray (Nicotrol® NS), available only with a prescription.