Lungs Home > Mometasone Inhaler
Side Effects of the Mometasone InhalerAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects with the mometasone inhaler. However, not everyone who takes the mometasone inhaler will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the medication well. When side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- An irritated, stuffy, or runny nose
- A sore throat
- Upper respiratory infections, such as the common cold.
Drug Interactions With the Mometasone InhalerThe mometasone inhaler can potentially interact with at least one other medicine.
The Mometasone Inhaler: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking the mometasone inhaler if you have:
- Not had chickenpox or the measles (or have not been vaccinated against them)
- Eczema (or atopic dermatitis)
- Tuberculosis, herpes, or any other infections
- Glaucoma or cataracts
- Any allergies, including allergies to food (especially milk protein), dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Asmanex and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Asmanex and Breastfeeding).