Lungs Home > Linezolid
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- High blood pressure (hypertension) or a history of high blood pressure
- Bone marrow problems, such as leukemia, anemia, lymphoma, or have had recent chemotherapy
- Pheochromocytoma, a rare tumor of the adrenal gland
- Carcinoid syndrome (symptoms caused by carcinoid tumors, which are most often found in the gastrointestinal tract or the lungs)
- Untreated hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid), inflammation of the thyroid gland, or high thyroid hormone levels in your blood
- Ever had a seizure
- Phenylketonuria (a problem with amino acids)
- Recently been treated with other antibiotics or are currently being treated for another infection with other antibiotics
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Zyvox and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Zyvox and Breastfeeding).