Lungs Home > Intal Overdose

Although the full effects of an Intal overdose are not fully understood, in animal studies, overdose of the medication did not usually cause problems. If needed, treatment for an overdose may involve supportive care (which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose).

Intal Overdose: An Overview

Intal® (cromolyn inhalation) is a prescription medication used to prevent asthma attacks. It is part of a class of asthma medications known as mast cell stabilizers. The effects of an Intal overdose will vary depending on a number of factors, including how much Intal was taken and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, street drugs, or a combination of these.
If you happen to overdose on Intal, seek medical attention immediately.

Intal Overdose: What Does the Research Say?

It is not known what exactly to expect from an Intal overdose. In animal studies, Intal overdose did not usually cause problems.

Treatment for an Intal Overdose

Given that there have been so few cases of people taking too much Intal, the best treatment for an Intal overdose is unknown. Many people who overdose on Intal will not require any treatment. If a long-term overdose has occurred, treatment may be necessary. This treatment may include supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
Written by/reviewed by:
Last reviewed by: Kristi Monson, PharmD;
Last updated/reviewed:
List of references (click here):
Other Articles in This eMedTV Presentation

Topics & Medications


Related Channels

eMedTV Links
Copyright © 2006-2020 Clinaero, Inc.

eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.

This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.