Lungs Home > Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
PrognosisThere is no cure for IPF, and its effects vary from person to person. In some people, the lung tissue quickly becomes thick and stiff, while in others, the process is much slower. For some people, the condition stays the same for years.
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Congestive heart failure
- Pulmonary embolism
- Lung cancer.
Other Names for Idiopathic Pulmonary FibrosisOther names for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis include:
- Cryptogenic fibrosing alveolitis
- Idiopathic diffuse interstitial pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary fibrosis of unknown cause
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Usual interstitial pneumonitis
- Diffuse fibrosing alveolitis.