Lungs Home > Dextromethorphan Polistirex
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with dextromethorphan polistirex include the following:
- Dextromethorphan polistirex comes in orange- or grape-flavored liquid. It is usually taken by mouth every 12 hours.
- You can take this medication with or without food.
- Make sure to shake the bottle well before each dose.
- Kitchen spoons are not accurate enough for measuring medications. Use the dosage cup provided to measure an accurate amount.
- For dextromethorphan polistirex to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.