Lungs Home > Side Effects of the Ciclesonide Inhaler
Common Side EffectsThe ciclesonide inhaler has been studied extensively in clinical trials. In these studies, side effects occurring in the group of people using the inhaler were documented and compared to those that occurred in a similar group of people taking a placebo (an inhaler with no active ingredients). This way, it is possible to see what side effects occurred, how often they appeared, and how they compared to the placebo treatments.
Based on these studies, the most common bothersome (but not usually dangerous) side effects of the ciclesonide inhaler included:
- Headaches -- in up to 11 percent of people
- Irritation of the nose and throat -- up to 10.5 percent
- Upper respiratory infection -- up to 8.7 percent
- Sinus infection or inflammation -- up to 5.5 percent
- Nasal congestion -- up to 5.5 percent
- Throat pain -- up to 4.7 percent
- Joint pain --up to 3.5 percent
- Pain in the hands or feet -- up to 3.1 percent
- Back pain -- up to 3.1 percent.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the ciclesonide inhaler side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using this drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the ciclesonide inhaler, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.