Lungs Home > Ciclesonide Inhaler Dosage
General Information on Using the Ciclesonide InhalerConsiderations to keep in mind during treatment with the ciclesonide inhaler include the following:
- This medication comes in a metered-dose inhaler (called an "MDI").
- The ciclesonide inhaler is used twice a day, every day. It is used to prevent asthma attacks, not to treat them. Remember that it can take up to four weeks for the medication to start working.
- There is no need to shake the ciclesonide inhaler.
- Wait at least one minute in between inhalations if you take more than one inhalation at a time.
- Rinse your mouth (without swallowing) after each dose in order to prevent thrush.
- As with any inhaler, it is important to learn exactly how to use your ciclesonide inhaler. It may be difficult at first and may require practice.
- The medication should be inhaled into the lungs, not sprayed onto the back of the throat and swallowed. To accomplish this, you will need to breathe in while spraying the inhaler.
- Do not wash or put any part of the ciclesonide inhaler in water.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking it suddenly, especially if you have been taking high doses for a long period.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of the ciclesonide inhaler, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.