Lungs Home > Chantix Side Effects
Headaches, changes in taste, and nausea are some of the most commonly reported side effects with Chantix. Rare side effects, occurring in less than 1 percent of people, include psoriasis, vision problems, and high cholesterol. Potentially serious side effects that may require immediate medical attention include signs of an allergic reaction, difficulty breathing, and high blood pressure.
- Nausea -- in up to 30 percent of people
- Insomnia -- up to 19 percent (see Chantix and Insomnia)
- Headaches -- up to 19 percent
- Abnormal dreams -- up to 13 percent
- Gas -- up to 9 percent
- Changes in taste -- up to 8 percent
- Constipation -- up to 8 percent.
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Indigestion or heartburn
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (also known as GERD or acid reflux)
- Dry mouth (see Chantix and Dry Mouth)
- Fatigue or weakness
- Runny nose
- Increased or decreased appetite.