Lungs Home > Aztreonam for Inhalation Solution Side Effects
Aztreonam for inhalation solution has been studied extensively in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occurred in a group of people using the drug were carefully documented and compared to those that occurred in a similar group of people using a placebo (an inhalation with no active ingredients). As a result, it was possible to see what side effects occurred, how often they appeared, and how they compared to the placebo.
In clinical studies, the most common aztreonam for inhalation solution side effects included:
- Cough -- in up to 54 percent of people
- Stuffy nose (nasal congestion) -- up to 16 percent
- Wheezing -- up to 16 percent
- Fever -- up to 13 percent
- Sore throat -- up to 12 percent
- Chest discomfort -- up to 8 percent
- Abdominal (stomach) pain -- up to 7 percent
- Vomiting -- up to 6 percent
- Constriction (narrowing) of the airways (bronchospasm) -- 3 percent.
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any adverse reactions while using the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a aztreonam for inhalation solution side effects, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.