Lungs Home > Albuterol Solution
Side Effects of Albuterol SolutionAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects with albuterol solution. However, not everyone who uses albuterol solution will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the medication well. When albuterol solution side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Shakiness (tremors)
- Worsening of asthma.
Drug Interactions With Albuterol SolutionAlbuterol solution can potentially interact with several other medicines.
Albuterol Solution: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using albuterol solution if you have:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Other types of heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Albuterol and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Albuterol and Breastfeeding).