Lungs Home > Adcirca Side Effects
Headaches, muscle aches, and respiratory tract infections are some of the most commonly reported side effects of Adcirca. Although these reactions typically require little or no treatment, it is possible to experience potentially serious side effects while taking this drug. Notify your healthcare provider right away if you experience problems such as a sudden loss of vision, chest pain, or difficulty breathing.
An Introduction to Adcirca Side EffectsAs with any medication, Adcirca™ (tadalafil) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medication will have problems. Most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Adcirca. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Common Side Effects of AdcircaAdcirca has been studied extensively in clinical trials. In these studies, one group of people received Adcirca, while another group was given a placebo (a "sugar pill" that does not contain any active ingredients). As a result, it was possible to see what side effects occurred, how often they appeared, and how they compared to the placebo.
In these studies, the most common Adcirca side effects included:
- Headaches -- in up to 42 percent of people
- Muscle aches or pains -- up to 14 percent
- Upper and lower respiratory tract infections, such as the common cold -- up to 13 percent
- Flushing or a sudden warmth or reddening of the face, neck, or upper chest -- up to 13 percent
- Pain in the arms, legs, and back -- up to 11 percent
- Nausea -- up to 11 percent
- Indigestion or heartburn -- up to 10 percent
- Nasal congestion -- up to 9 percent.