Lungs Home > Accolate Dosage
The recommended dose of Accolate for adults and children over 12 years old is 20 mg twice a day. For children ages 5 to 11, the suggested amount is 10 mg twice daily. Among the factors that can affect dosing are your age and other medications you may be currently taking.
The dose of Accolate® (zafirlukast) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Accolate Dosage for AsthmaThe recommended Accolate dose for adults and adolescents ages 12 and older is 20 mg twice daily. For children ages 5 to 11 years old, the recommended dose of Accolate is 10 mg twice daily.
Following are some considerations for people taking Accolate:
- Accolate comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth twice daily.
- Accolate should be taken on an empty stomach, at least one hour before or two hours after a meal.
- Accolate should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For Accolate to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Accolate dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.