Letairis comes in the form of a tablet that is taken once daily. The dosage you receive will be calculated based on how you tolerate Letairis, other medications you are taking, and various other factors. The usual starting dose is 5 mg taken once daily, which may be increased to 10 mg once daily.
The dose of Letairis® (ambrisentan) your healthcare provider recommends may vary, depending on a couple of factors, including:
- How you tolerate the medicine
- Other medications you are taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
The recommended initial dosage of Letairis for treating pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) is usually 5 mg once a day. If you do not experience bothersome or potentially dangerous side effects, your healthcare provider may choose to increase your dose to 10 mg once a day. Doses above 10 mg a day have not been studied in PAH clinical trials.
People who take cyclosporine (Gengraf®, Neoral®, Sandimmune®) should generally not take more than 5 mg of Letairis a day. This is because cyclosporine can increase Letairis blood levels.
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Letairis include the following:
- Letairis comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take your Letairis dose with or without food. Try taking it with food if it upsets your stomach.
- Letairis can be taken any time during the day. However, you should take it at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- Swallow Letairis whole. Do not crush, cut, chew, or split the tablets.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Letairis dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.