Side Effects of Ipratropium HFA Inhaler
Common Side Effects of Ipratropium HFA InhalerThe ipratropium HFA inhaler has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials, in which the side effects of a group of people taking the drug are documented and compared to another group not taking the medicine. As a result, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
In these studies, the most common side effects of ipratropium HFA inhaler included:
- Upper respiratory infections (such as the common cold) -- in up to 34 percent of people
- Worsening of COPD -- up to 23 percent
- Bronchitis -- up to 23 percent
- Sinus infections -- up to 11 percent
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs or bladder infections) -- up to 10 percent.
Other common side effects (occurring in 3 to 9 percent of people) included:
- Back pain
- Flu-like symptoms (such as fever, chills, or body aches)
- Heartburn or indigestion
- Dry mouth
- Chest pain
- Stuffy or runny nose.