Side Effects of Ipratropium and Albuterol Solution
Common Side Effects of Ipratropium and Albuterol SolutionIpratropium and albuterol solution has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials, in which it was compared to each of its two components (ipratropium and albuterol). Because these studies did not compare ipratropium and albuterol solution to a placebo (a solution with no active ingredient), it is difficult to tell if the side effects were due to the medications, the disease itself, or other problems.
In these studies, the most common side effects of ipratropium and albuterol solution included:
- A sore throat -- in up to 4.4 percent of people
- Chest pain -- up to 2.6 percent
- Diarrhea -- up to 1.8 percent
- Bronchitis -- up to 1.7 percent
- Nausea -- up to 1.4 percent
- Leg cramps -- up to 1.4 percent
- Indigestion or heartburn -- up to 1.3 percent
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs or bladder infections) -- up to 1.2 percent
- Pneumonia -- up to 1.1 percent.