Precautions and Warnings With Ipratropium and Albuterol Solution
Precautions and warnings with ipratropium and albuterol solution should be reviewed prior to starting treatment. The medication may worsen airway spasms or cause a stimulatory effect on the heart and blood pressure. Precautions and warnings with ipratropium and albuterol solution also apply to people who are allergic to any of the components used to make the medication or who are allergic to atropine, a similar drug.
Ipratropium and Albuterol Solution: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking ipratropium and albuterol solution (DuoNeb®) if you have:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- An enlarged prostate (known medically as benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH)
- A bladder problem
- Other types of heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Liver disease or kidney disease
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.