Ipratropium and Albuterol Solution Dosing
The standard dose of ipratropium and albuterol solution for treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is one 3-mL vial inhaled four times a day using a nebulizer. The ipratropium and albuterol solution dosing guidelines are the same for everyone, regardless of factors such as age and weight. If needed, your healthcare provider may recommend up to two additional doses each day to control symptoms.
Ipratropium and Albuterol Solution Dosing: An IntroductionThere is only one standard dose of ipratropium and albuterol solution (DuoNeb®), regardless of your weight, age, or other medical conditions. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Ipratropium and Albuterol Solution Dosing for COPDThe recommended dose of ipratropium and albuterol solution for treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including chronic bronchitis and emphysema, is one 3-mL vial inhaled four times daily using a nebulizer. Your healthcare provider may recommend that you take up to two additional doses of ipratropium and albuterol solution per day as needed.
General Information on Dosing With Ipratropium and Albuterol SolutionConsiderations for people taking ipratropium and albuterol solution include the following:
- The medication is a liquid form of Atrovent® that is used in a nebulizer. You will need to purchase or rent a nebulizer in order to use ipratropium and albuterol solution.
- Ipratropium and albuterol solution is usually taken four times daily, although your healthcare provider may recommend more frequent dosing if necessary.
- Make sure you know exactly how to use and clean the nebulizer.
- You do not need to dilute or mix the medication; it comes in ready-to-use, single-dose vials.
- For ipratropium and albuterol solution to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to ipratropium and albuterol solution or ipratropium and albuterol solution dosing, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.