Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Heart disease of any kind, including congestive heart failure
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Arcapta and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Arcapta and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Indacaterol Maleate for more information on this topic, including information on who should not use this medication.)
Dosing Recommendations for Indacaterol MaleateThere is only one standard recommended dose of indacaterol maleate, regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Indacaterol Maleate Dosage for more information.)