When and How to Take Formoterol SolutionSome general considerations for when and how to take formoterol solution include the following:
- Formoterol solution comes in the form of a liquid that is used in a nebulizer. You will need to purchase or rent a nebulizer in order to use formoterol solution.
- Formoterol solution is usually used twice a day. Try to separate the two doses by about 12 hours.
- Unlike some other nebulizer medications, formoterol solution vials do not have to be diluted. It is not known if it is safe to mix formoterol solution together with other nebulizer solutions.
- Make sure you know exactly how to measure the dose and how to use and clean the nebulizer.
- Each dose (vial) of formoterol solution comes in its own foil pouch. Do not open the pouch until just before use.
- For formoterol solution to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Formoterol solution will not work if you stop taking it.
Formoterol Solution StrengthsFormoterol solution comes in single-dose vials, with 20 mcg of formoterol solution (in 2 mL of solution) in each vial.
Generic Formoterol SolutionCurrently, there are no generic versions of formoterol solution available.
(Click Generic Perforomist for more information.)