Formoterol Solution Dosing
The formoterol solution dosing guidelines your healthcare provider will follow are the same for everyone, regardless of age or weight. The standard recommended formoterol solution dosage is one vial (20 mcg of formoterol solution in 2 mL) that is inhaled twice a day using a nebulizer. It is recommended that you separate the two doses by 12 hours to avoid any problems.
Formoterol Solution Dosing: An IntroductionThere is only one standard recommended dose of formoterol solution (Perforomist™), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended formoterol solution dose for treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is one vial (20 mcg of formoterol solution in 2 mL) that is inhaled twice daily using a nebulizer. Try to separate the two daily formoterol solution doses by 12 hours. Taking them farther apart can make formoterol solution less effective, and taking them too close together can increase the risk of side effects.
You will need to rent or purchase a nebulizer in order to use formoterol solution. Nebulizers are small machines that convert liquid medications into tiny droplets that are just the right size to be inhaled into the airway.
General Formoterol Solution Dosing InformationSome considerations for people taking formoterol solution include the following:
- Formoterol solution comes in the form of a liquid that is used in a nebulizer.
- Unlike some other nebulizer medications, formoterol solution vials do not have to be diluted. It is not known if it is safe to mix formoterol solution together with other nebulizer solutions.
- Make sure you know exactly how to measure the dose and how to use and clean the nebulizer.
- Each dose (vial) of formoterol solution comes in its own foil pouch. Do not open the pouch until just before use.
- For formoterol solution to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Formoterol solution will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to formoterol solution or your dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.