Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking dextromethorphan polistirex if you have:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic bronchitis
- A cough that is accompanied by an excess of phlegm
- A fever, rash, or persistent headache
- A cough that lasts more than seven days or goes away and comes back
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- A smoker
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Delsym and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Delsym and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Dextromethorphan Polistirex to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing InformationThe recommended dosage for this medication will vary, depending on your age. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Dextromethorphan Polistirex Dosage for more information.)
Drug InteractionsDextromethorphan polistirex can interact with a number of other medications (see Drug Interactions With Dextromethorphan Polistirex).