Considerations for people taking Chantix include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth twice a day (although for the first three days, it is usually taken just once a day).
- Chantix should be taken with a full glass of water after eating.
- The medication should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Chantix will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Chantix dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.