Aztreonam for Inhalation Solution Dosage
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with aztreonam for inhalation solution include the following:
- This medication comes as a powder that is mixed with liquid and inhaled by mouth using a nebulizer. It is usually taken three times a day.
- Your healthcare provider will show you how to use the nebulizer that is needed to take this medication. You should also receive written instructions. Make sure to ask questions if you are unsure about anything.
- You will need to dilute aztreonam for inhalation solution immediately prior to each dose using the 1 mL of sterile diluent that comes with your prescription.
- Try to take your doses at about the same times each day, at least four hours apart.
- It will take two to three minutes to completely inhale each dosage.
- If you are using other inhaled medicines, use them first and take your aztreonam for inhalation solution dose last.
- Your healthcare provider may prescribe a bronchodilator medicine to take prior to each dose of aztreonam for inhalation solution. He or she will instruct you about how and when to use the bronchodilator.
- Do not use this medicine if it is cloudy or contains particles.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. It is very important that you closely follow the treatment instructions.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your aztreonam for inhalation solution dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.