In a study for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treatment, arformoterol tartrate was compared to a nebulizer solution with no active ingredient (a placebo). People taking arformoterol tartrate experienced improved lung function, compared to those taking the placebo. Also, this study showed that the medication started working within seven minutes and lasted for several hours.
Some general considerations for when and how to take arformoterol tartrate include the following:
- This medicine comes in a liquid form that is used in a nebulizer. You will need to purchase or rent a nebulizer in order to use arformoterol tartrate.
- Arformoterol tartrate is usually used twice a day. Try to separate the two doses by about 12 hours.
- Unlike some other nebulizer medications, arformoterol tartrate vials are used without being diluted. It is not known whether it is safe to mix arformoterol tartrate with other nebulizer solutions.
- Make sure you know exactly how to measure the dose and how to use and clean the nebulizer.
- For arformoterol tartrate to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
There is only one standard recommended dose of arformoterol tartrate, regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust this amount unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Arformoterol Tartrate Dosage for more information.)