Side Effects of Albuterol SolutionAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects with albuterol solution. However, not everyone who uses albuterol solution will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the medication well. When albuterol solution side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of albuterol solution include, but are not limited to:
- Shakiness (tremors)
- Worsening of asthma.
(Click Albuterol Solution Side Effects to learn about specific side effects of albuterol solution, including some of the more serious side effects that you should report to your healthcare provider.)
Drug Interactions With Albuterol SolutionAlbuterol solution can potentially interact with several other medicines.
(Click Albuterol Drug Interactions for more information about albuterol solution and other medicines.)
Albuterol Solution: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using albuterol solution if you have:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Other types of heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Albuterol and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Albuterol and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Albuterol Solution Warnings and Precautions for more information on this topic, including information on who should not use albuterol solution.)