Aerobid Side Effects
Aerobid has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occur in a group of people taking the drug are documented and are then compared to side effects that occur in another group of people not taking the medicine. This way, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
In these studies, the most common side effects of Aerobid included:
- Headaches -- in up to 25 percent of people
- Upper respiratory tract infections (such as the common cold) -- up to 25 percent
- Nausea or vomiting -- up to 25 percent
- A sore throat -- up to 20 percent
- Nasal congestion -- up to 15 percent
- Unpleasant taste -- up to 10 percent
- Diarrhea -- up to 10 percent
- Upset stomach -- up to 10 percent
- The flu -- up to 10 percent.
Other common side effects, occurring in 3 percent to 9 percent of people, included:
- Heart palpitations (feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart)
- Abdominal pain (or stomach pain)
- Loss of appetite
- A fever
- Chest congestion
- A runny nose
- Sinus infections
- Ear infection
- Loss of taste or smell.
There are a number of side effects with Aerobid that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Worsening of asthma
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained rash, hives, itching, and unexplained swelling.