Adcirca Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome Adcirca side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Sudden decrease or loss in hearing
- Sudden decrease, blurriness, or loss of vision
- Prolonged or painful erection lasting more than four hours
- An increase in shortness of breath
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting
- Chest pain
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
The main active ingredient found in Adcirca, tadalafil, has been associated with rare cases of serious heart problems. These problems include:
- Heart attack
- Sudden death
- Chest pain, or angina
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (heart palpitations)
- Increased heart rate.
In most cases, people had heart problems or had the risk for heart problems before taking tadalafil. Many of the problems happened during or shortly after sexual activity. Therefore, it is difficult to tell whether the problems were related to the medication, the person's existing heart problems and risks for heart problems, sexual activity, or a combination of these factors.
However, it is important to seek immediate medical attention if you experience side effects like chest pain, dizziness, fainting, heart palpitations, or increased heart rate while taking Adcirca. These could be signs of a serious problem.